how much traffic is going to my site

veryv

A glimpse of my life, travel notes, thoughts and more - Vinay Hinduja

Name:
Location: Bombay / Pune, India

Influenced by Bandra, Bombay, London. Independent, Simple, Non conformist, Democratic, Logical, Open minded, a little artistic, Easy

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Treasure Island - St.Mary's


Malpe - a small fishing village is a few km from Udupi and off Malpe is a small island. You can take a 20 minute boat ride to this serene island. It is called St. Mary's Island.

The island is uninhabited and very clean. The island has a fantastic mix of small coves, beaches and rocky outcrops. It hosts tall grasses, palm trees, moluscs, crabs and small sea faring birds.

You can spend a wonderful hour climbing its cliffs and can walk around the island. Wade in the clean waters, collect some shells or just watch the sea spray. The unique feature of this little stretch are vertical hexagonal rocks, formed by volcanic activity.



This little treasure trove is a fantastic photo opportunity. In fact, I spent a lot of time experimenting with my camera. I must admit here that I did not capture any of the birds in my photographs. I always managed to scare them away. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bruce Holland Rogers said...

Dear Vinay Hinduja,

This is not the most ideal way for me to write to you, but I don't find an e-mail address in your blog.

I offer short-short stories by e-mail as a subscription service, and one of my subscribers has offered to pay for a free subscription for someone in India. I used to have a subscriber in India, but his e-mail no longer works.

A description of my service is up at www.shortshortshort.com. If you would be interested in receiving stories for a year at no cost, please let me know!

My e-mail is hanovi@comcast.net.

Otherwise, I apologize for the intrusion!

Best wishes,

Bruce Holland Rogers
www.shortshortshort.com

1:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home