how much traffic is going to my site

veryv

A glimpse of my life, travel notes, thoughts and more - Vinay Hinduja

Name:
Location: Bombay / Pune, India

Influenced by Bandra, Bombay, London. Independent, Simple, Non conformist, Democratic, Logical, Open minded, a little artistic, Easy

Friday, November 11, 2005

The world has gone MAD

Blasts, blasts and more Blasts. Attacks everywhere, filth everywhere. Blood, bare bones and You read so much and it is so frequent.Has reached the point where I am so passive that I don’t hurt anymore.

I remember Sept 11 2001. I was at Andheri, Bombay. A news message flashed on my colleagues mobile. The phone had a small two line display. It read Line 1 - “Plane crashes into”, Line 2 –“world trade center”.

I thought that a plane had crashed into the WTC at Colaba, South Bombay.An accident! Hopefully it is late evening and most people must have left office.
Then the next line appeared – New York.

Huh? New York and plane crash? Hell! This is no accident. It’s an attack.Now who would do something as stupid as that?

By the time I left for home, I had heard about the second tower and images were already flashing on the sets.And knowing the American high handedness, I headed home with a very confused mind.Another world war? Who’s done this? Lots of @#^&*^! To whoever!

The grief lingered for several days.

Looking back, since that day, it just seems like an exponential graph of gore and more ugliness.We have had attacks in Bombay and otherwise in India later. Just last week, we had attacks in Delhi.Today when I read about the attacks at Amman, I realized that I am hardly sensitive any more.

Just another piece of news. Nothing unexpected. Nothing new. Just a new number of dead, new bodies and a new place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home