how much traffic is going to my site

veryv

A glimpse of my life, travel notes, thoughts and more - Vinay Hinduja

Name:
Location: Bombay / Pune, India

Influenced by Bandra, Bombay, London. Independent, Simple, Non conformist, Democratic, Logical, Open minded, a little artistic, Easy

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Salute to the Sea

Your beauty, your splendor
None can surpass
Your energy, your meanders
It is difficult to canvas

Your waves at bandstand,
They so invite me
With their salt spray,
They soothe me,
they quiet me

Their highs, their lows,
And as they hit the rock
Alas my life sometimes
They seem to mock

These humans, these vultures
They care not for you
Kill mangroves, kill reefs
Throw garbage in you
Dump debris, put barriers
They block u so
Take fish life, spill oil
They soil you so

I want to be sometimes
From all humans far away
Please take me
To a quiet spot in your bay

Take me to Mauritius,
To Maldives
Or to a sandy beach
Or to some pristine isle
Within your reach

Set sail for my journey
A wooden craft
Care not for my loneliness
Nor a chilly draft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home