how much traffic is going to my site

veryv

A glimpse of my life, travel notes, thoughts and more - Vinay Hinduja

Name:
Location: Bombay / Pune, India

Influenced by Bandra, Bombay, London. Independent, Simple, Non conformist, Democratic, Logical, Open minded, a little artistic, Easy

Monday, August 01, 2005

Schools are such fun...

Schools are such fun...

Schools are such fun. At least mine was...
I have been to three schools, the last being the most I remember about.

I think school life was great and the line up of tutors and their gaffes left a rather humorous touch to my memoirs.

Like the incident when one teacher retired.
We had a school assembly every morning, where we prayed together, sang the national anthem, got important updates and then dispersed to class. We had special assemblies on Independence and nationalistic holidays where we had skits, march-pasts, and the flag hoisting.

When teachers left the school or retired, we would felicitate them on such days and would present them with plaques and gifts to signify our appreciation followed by a small speech of thanks.
One such morn the teacher who was retiring was standing next to the principle on the stage.
And the principle said, “I am so sorry to announce today that Mrs... who has humbly served our school for 30 yrs has just EXPIRED” instead of ‘Retired’...

God!! To date whenever I chat with school friends, reliving school moments, this incident invariably crops into our conversation...

There are so many funny things, which I cannot even pen down.

There were such stupid statements made by teachers.
"Open the windows...let the atmosphere come in" Gawd...
and
"The sun is so hot today". Yes, like as if it was cold yesterday and we added fuel to the fire.

There was a teacher who taught us geography.
She explained the whole chapter on population explosion and all the disadvantages..
Then at the end she said
"I don't believe in all this. I have several children.
I managed two bring them up well. They are now all doing well all over the globe...
Two in Australia, One in America...
And they send me such wonderful GIFTS always.
So nice you know!!’

And a teacher who unwittingly praised me..
I was (goofing) standing out of class between lectures and looking out of the balcony onto the sports field.
When the teacher entered class, I did not realize and was the only one left outside.
So she screamed out - "Vinay why r u OUTSTANDING?”
Outstanding indeed...thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home