how much traffic is going to my site

veryv

A glimpse of my life, travel notes, thoughts and more - Vinay Hinduja

Name:
Location: Bombay / Pune, India

Influenced by Bandra, Bombay, London. Independent, Simple, Non conformist, Democratic, Logical, Open minded, a little artistic, Easy

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Tooth Ache or a Slap on the cheek ?

Today, I saw a colleague leaving a conference room with his palm holding his cheek.
Had someone slapped him? Wow, in the office? Wow, what did he do?

But, his expressions were confusing. There was no anger.
Oh, maybe he had a real bad toothache.

Only when he moved much closer, I realized, he was on the phone.

People certainly have funny ways of using their phones.

Worse is a woman on my campus who treats her phone like a walkie-talkie.
She brings the phone near her chin, speaks, then draws it back to her ears and starts to listen.
And I wonder whether she spouts “Roger”, “Over and out” or “Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Alpha, Romeo, Tango” all the time.

And another sight that is very unique can be witnessed only at my office campus in Bangalore.
Walk to the bus bays when leaving office and you will see herds of geeks who all have their hands to their cheeks. "Geeks" because some of them are in the same bus or walking to the same bus, talking over phones to each other. Hard to believe, but true!

Would prefer the funnier looks any day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Neel Arurkar said...

Yeah! Even I am amused when people use their phones as if they were half duplex devices :-)

6:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home